Win a Trip for 4 to WrestleMania 35 Competition
Terms and Conditions
The Competition is governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and by entering the Competition, entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
1. Winner Prize Date: WrestleMania 35 is on Sunday 7th April 2019 at the Met Life Stadium, 1 MetLife Stadium Drive, East Rutherford, New Jersey. NJ, 07073, USA. (“WrestleMania”)
2. Opening Date: 00.01 am on Sunday 10 February 2019 (“Opening Date”)
3. Closing Date: 23.59 pm on Sunday 24 February 2019 (“Closing Date”)
4. Promoter: Mattel UK Limited, Mattel House, Vanwall Business Park, Vanwall Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 4UB (“Mattel, We or Us”)
WHO CAN ENTER?
5. To enter the Competition:
a) you must be aged 18 or over;
b) you must live in the UK or Republic of Ireland; and the
c) you and your family members must not be employees of Mattel, any other company associated with the Competition or their respective associated companies or agents. Your family members include your partner and any of your children.
HOW TO ENTER
6. To enter the Competition, go to the Facebook page of Smyths Toys Superstores and respond to the question asked on the competition post between the Opening Date and Closing Date. This involves:
a) commenting who you’d bring to Wrestlemania; and
7. You should not provide any materials or information that you do not want published on the Smyths website or social media platforms, and you should not include any personal details, age or town in the answer you submit as part of the Competition. If you do not wish to share your answer in this way, you should not enter this Competition.
8. Only one (1) entry is permitted per entrant. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
PRIZES AND WINNER SELECTION
9. There will be one
(1) winner of the Competition (the “Winner”). There will be thirty-five (35) runners-up of the Competition (the “Runners-Up”).
10. The winner & runners up will be chosen at random from all correctly submitted entries. This competition runs simultaneously on all of the Facebook pages of the Smyths Toys Superstores group of companies, being Smyths Toys Ireland and Smyths Toys Superstores. The winner & runners up will be selected at random on or around Tuesday 26th February 2019 from all valid entries which are submitted to Smyths Toys Superstores through these Facebook pages.
11. The winner will be notified by email & announced on Smyths Facebook within 14 days of the closing date.
12. The Winner will receive 4 Tickets to WrestleMania plus flights and hotel accommodation for 4 people to the maximum value of £4,000.00, booked by Mattel in conjunction with their corporate booking agent Corporate Travel Management UK. Mattel will share with the winner directly recommended flight and hotel options, the winner will confirm by email reply their preferred options. Corporate Travel Management UK will issue flight and accommodation confirmation details directly to the winner. Please refer to the list below of what this booking will cover. All additional expenses not covered by these terms and conditions will be charged to the winner. (the “Winner’s Prize”).
13. The Runners-Up will each receive one (1) prize bundle which will include:
a. 1 x official WrestleMania 35 branded drawstring bag.
b. 1 x official WrestleMania 35 branded Short Sleeve T-shirt (sizes may vary)
c. 1 x official WrestleMania 35 branded Long Sleeve Hoody (sizes may vary)
d. 1 x official WrestleMania 35 branded cap (sizes may vary)
(together the “Runners-Up Prize”).
14. The Runners-Up Prizes will be dispatched within 30 days of the Runners-Up confirming their delivery details to Mattel and Mattel receiving any confirmations it deems fit in accordance with these Terms.
15. Prizes can only be sent to a UK and/or Eire address so if a Winner and/or Runner-Up has moved somewhere outside the UK/Eire after entering the Competition, their Entry will not be valid.
16. Mattel reserves the right to choose an alternate Winner and/or Runner-Up (or Runners-Up) if:
a) a Winner and/or Runner-Up does not comply with these Terms or Mattel has reasonable grounds for believing that a Winner and/or Runner-Up has broken a rule contained in these Terms; or
b) a Winner and/or Runner-Up does not (i) agree to these Terms; (ii) want to receive their Prize; or (iii) give any consent as may be requested by Mattel within 24 hours; or
c) Mattel cannot contact a Winner and/or Runner-Up or a Winner and/or Runner-Up does not respond to any requests from Mattel for information (e.g. confirmation of their address) within 48 hours of such request.
17. The trip includes:
a) The prize is valued towards covering three nights stay in a 3-star hotel for 4 people. It should be noted that the winner must be aged 18 years or over.
b) The prize is valued towards covering return flight tickets for 4 people to New York City, NY. The airport of departure will be chosen by the winner and must be located in UK or the Republic of Ireland.
a) and b) must be booked in just one single transaction.
c) Four tickets for entry to WrestleMania 35 on 7th April 2019. These will be provided separately to the prize booking and the prize booking value does not need to fund any of the tickets for entry.
18. The prize booking does not include:
a) Expenses related to visa or other travel documents, maintenance, meals, travel insurance, transfers, excursions, guided tours, tickets for events, theme parks, museums, exhibitions, any taxes or other products or services other than those indicated in the previous point (e.g. XXL seats, meals for celiac, etc.).
b) Expenses related to changes and/or cancellations of tickets already issued and/or accommodation already booked are subject to the conditions imposed by the providers of travel (airlines, hotels) and will be charged to the winner.
c) The additional costs arising from specific requirements other than those written above (more guests, more days of stay, replacing airline tickets with train tickets) will be charged to the winner.
d) All additional expenses not covered by these terms and conditions will be charged to the winner.
e) Everything that is not expressly mentioned.
19. The prize is subject to the following conditions:
a) Corporate Travel Management UK (or travel booking agent of Mattel’s choice) will reserve only the air tickets and the accommodation, according to the preferences of the winner, up to a maximum amount of £4,000.00. If the value of the trip booked is higher than £4,000.00, the winner must pay the difference; on the contrary, if the value of the trip booked is lower than £4,000.00, nothing will be given as a refund.
b) The reservation is subject to the availability of the hotel and the flight, at the time of reservation. The winner and their guests must make sure that they have valid travel documents (including passports and visas as required) and are solely responsible for all costs in obtaining them. The prize will be forfeited if the proper travel documents are not obtained by the winner and their guest, and nothing will be refunded to the winner.
c) The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and there is no cash alternative. However, in the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside of the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, withdraw or substitute a prize for an alternative prize or arrangement.
d) Personal information about the participants will be shared with the prize provider in order that the prizes can be delivered.
e) The Promoter will further not compensate any prize that cannot be redeemed or received by a winner for any reasons beyond its control. The winner is required to independently declare and pay any applicable taxes and charges that a prize gives rise to in the winner’s jurisdiction.
f) In case of booking and subsequent failure to depart for reasons not attributable to the Promoter, the trip will be deemed to be assigned and the winner will no longer have any claims.
g) If the winner is unable to enjoy the trip for any reasons beyond the promoter’s control, the prize will be deemed to have been assigned and the winner will have nothing to claim anymore.
f) If the winner can’t enjoy the trip in the established dates, they will lose the right to enjoy the trip.
g) Entrants accept that if they win, Smyths Toys Superstores will have the right, without additional payment or permission, to use the winner’s name and county address for the purposes of announcing the winner of this competition and they may be required to participate in post-event publicity.
20. WINNERS’ NOTIFICATION
a) The winner will be contacted via Facebook, and then at the email address when they entered the promotion.
b) The winner will need to respond by email by sending the following documents within 10 days from the first contact:
c) Personal data: name, last name, phone number, address;
d) A copy of their valid passport;
After verifying the information above, the winners may need to sign and send within 10 days:
- The letter of acceptance and confirmation of winner’s eligibility for their prize.
The entrant will be excluded from the promotion in the following cases:
• If they enter inaccurate, misleading, or false personal data.
· If any of the above irregularities, or any other, is detected after the delivery of the prize, Mattel reserves the right to take appropriate legal action against the entrant.
b) By opting in, the winner accepts that their personal data (name, surname and photo) will be communicated to third parties and published online and on other communication materials at Mattel’s discretion, including the retailers’ communication materials.
22. Mattel reserves the right to cancel this Competition at any stage prior to the Opening Date or to shorten the time for entering the Competition on notice, if Mattel thinks it is unavoidable, or if circumstances arise which are out of Mattel’s control. If the time for entering the Competition is cut short, winners shall be selected in accordance with these Terms from all eligible Entries received prior to such termination date.
23. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be valid. Mattel is not responsible if your Entry gets lost, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, damaged or if you have technical problems trying to enter the Competition.
24. Please take care when entering the Competition to ensure that you provide your correct contact details. Any Entries which are incomplete and/or can’t be read clearly will not be valid and won’t be entered into the Competition.
25. Mattel shall at its sole discretion determine whether an Entry is valid, based on the entry requirements set out in these Terms. Each valid entry will be entered into the Competition. Any entries sent in by post will not be returned.
26. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that Mattel believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified.
27. The Prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond Mattel’s control Mattel is unable to provide any stated Prizes or any part of them, Mattel reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All Prizes may be subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
28. The Winner and Runners-Up shall be responsible for any applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the description of the Prizes.
29. Mattel will not be liable for any loss or damage however it was caused (including without limitation in contract, tort or statutory duty) in connection with the Competition and/or Prizes, other than death or personal injury caused by Mattel’s (and/or its employees’) negligence.
In summary, personal information collected from entrants will be used by Mattel solely in connection with the Competition and will not be disclosed to any third party except for the purpose of operating the Competition and fulfilling the Prizes where applicable.
31. If you would like to know who won this Competition, please send a stamped addressed envelope to Mattel at the above address marked “Smyths Win a Trip to WrestleMania”
within 60 days of the Closing Date and we will send you a list of any Winner’s first name and home county.
32. These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and if there are any disputes the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.